Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I think I will go back to my normal format...

And this week I think I will do a proper preview. Watch this space. Anyway...

On the weekend we had some upsets that's for sure! A real nightmare for tipping. So here are the results:

  • Western Bulldogs by 49 points. Bit of a predictable one adding to the woes of Adelaide and a much needed win needs to be against Port Adelaide this week.
  • Sydney by 52 points. This game was pretty much what I expected. Sydney do look good so far and are on top of the ladder as a result.
  • Melbourne by 50 points. This result surprised me due to the amount. Realistically if Melbourne for me were going to win then it would only be just due to the calebre of the Brisbane team. 3 in a row from Melbourne could have been four, not bad.
  • Port Adelaide by 10 points. Such a tough game and low scoring game that saw the home team prevail. Another upset.
  • Collingwood by 65 points. This one went with the grain. Collingwood putting in a solid performance from the start. This has people saying that they can win the flag.Hmm they are almost there but are not quite for my liking but do have one of the best balanced teams for a while.
  • North Melbourne by 12 points. The Roos played so well considering what Hawthorn threw at them. Hawthorn were down from the start losing Brent Renouf (their only ruckman) before the game. Gee I wouldn't want to be a ruckman at Hawthorn.
  • Fremantle by 39 points. Went with the grain. People were expecting Freo to thump the tigers by over ten goals at home but to Richmond's credit they were not disappointing. They do have the Cats next week Richmond at Skilled, could they cause an upset? Hmm.
  • Carlton by 36 points. Probably one of the biggest upsets of the round in a way. Carlton played well, Geelong didn't and won as a result.

SO as you can see there were some upsets in this round. How will next week go?

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment