Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Interesting times ahead

I must have to say painfully congratulations to the England side for winning the ashes. I know what you're saying WHO CARES....right! Like it was for the ashes being painful knowing that after a while in that last test that we couldn't win it, it was like me for last years Grand Final. But like all good sportsmans (and womens) we have to congratulate the winner!

But!!!! There are some things that I would have to say about this other sport. Maybe the Poms deserved to win the last test but that's where it stops! I personally think they are a bunch of cheats where karma should have come and bite them on the arse! Take you back to the first test in Cardiff where in my book they wasted time bringing out the Physio when there was nothing wrong with them, I mean even the English commentators said that there was a way in which to take up time and not to. I know what you're saying. We should have got that last wicket and then we would have, but to me the bit that disappoints me was the fact that they deliberately wasted time and made it painfully obvious that blind freddy could have seen it! If it was the fact that that didn't happen but we didn't get the wicket then well that's the end of that! People can argue with me til they're black and blue they still cheated! The Poms are going to say that we are whingers that we lost the ashes well if that's the case then aren't we direct desendents of the English, that must mean we inherited something from our forefathers.

Getting back to footy! I never really took any notice of this because as a Geelong supporter I was too disappointed after last year's Grand Final to care. Basically at first I would congratulate Hawthorn on winning the premiership but then there was a could of things that came out of that game as apposed to other grand finals that we have lost. Our kicking was our enemy and to be honest that was what I thought was one of the main deciding factors in the Grand Final. That and a couple of flukish goals from Stuart (marshmallow) Dew that sealed the deal. But taking that all aside. How would it have gone if we kicked straight or that they didn't rush all those points (11 I think) then Hawthorn would have been in big trouble MR! To me they fluked the game. That and the fact that the deliberate rushed behinds come into it, if it was today then they would have had goals kicked against them! In a way Hawthorn cheated but mainly got lucky. Lucky the fact that Geelong didn't kick straight or that the rushed behind rule wasnt enforced a year earlier! Let's just hope that England get slaughtered in the return ashes series!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment