Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Footy season is just about upon us!

Yay! Next weekend the Nab Cup starts with West Coast vs Essendon at Subiaco on Friday Night. People have said to me that they aren't a fan of the NAB Cup or the pre-season cup because it does mean that players are prone to injuries. To me I like it (not love it) but it does give those who are footy starved over the pre-season a chance to get into the new season. That and the fact that you have a chance to see how players are fairing and in particular the young players in each side and also new recruits. I do recall last year in the NAB Cup Grand Final Josh Hunt went down with a knee injury and missed all of 2009 and in particular playing in their Premiership Side. But with Tom Harley retired he should just slot back into the lineup.

2010 is going to be an interesting year for footy. Will Geelong go back to back? Will St Kilda avenge the disappointment of losing the Grand Final? Who will be the biggest improvers? Which team or teams will be the biggest disappointment? These questions and more I will answer before the start of round 1 and also my predictions for the up and coming footy season.

Tipping is something I can never get right, I personally think the same for a lot of people. No matter how much you study the form guide you never get it right. Some people don't think about it til Friday some study up throughout the week, I personally do a bit of both. I do find that the people who don't know a lot about the game end up doing really well in the competitions, I'm still trying to find out why.

Supercoach or Fantasy AFL is a different thing all together. This is something that you need to have some sort of idea about otherwise you're not going to do well. I have completed a side and will in fact change it numerous times before round one but at the moment I am happy with it. Last year was my first year of doing Supercoach and I did learn some lessons which I will share with you in minute. I finished in the Preliminary Final and just missed out on going all the way but I thought it wasn't a bad effort considering it was my first year and all, now I wanna win it this year! Well that's the aim anyway. Alright here are some lessons I've learned:

1. Don't stack your side with the players that others will go with and that have the most dollar value. You can probably do that later if their value goes down. Not at first.
2. Select youth. Try to fit in draftees from 09 and rookies as well. But first do your homework, I find You tube is a great tool. I did well with Daniel Rich because I watched him throughout the year and was surprised that he was passed up and slipped through to number 7. Youth is great for the bench and especially if they are in teams that will give them a run.
3. Look for players that you know that are good but haven't proven themselves yet.
4. Look for players who have depleated in value through injuries or lack of form, they usually have a point to prove.
5. Try to include as many of the clubs as possible not just from those who you think will do well.

That's it for now I will have more soon which will include my ladder and tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment