Friday, February 12, 2010

NAB Cup is here

Can you believe that the unofficial start to the footy season is starting tonight? No neither can I. But believe you me all that training for the start starts here. I am going to look at the NAB cup games and give my tips but for round one I will do the first four games then look at the other four next week. So here they are:

West Coast vs Essendon (Subiaco) Friday Night.
Interesting to see how these teams have recruited and who they have lost etc over the summer and how they will be effected for the 2010 season. West Coast have already been tipped to be the biggest improvers while Essendon have some building to do with Adam McPhee going to Fremantle plus Matthew Lloyd retiring last year. How will Jobe Watson go as captain. Interesting with the NAB cup upon us the stakes are different from the main season as to how many teams go all out. The team that wants to win the NAB Cup out of these two will win this game. But funny things have happened and I reckon in this case Essendon will win just by 11 points in a real tight game.

Adelaide vs Port Adelaide (AAMI Stadium) Saturday.
Ah two arch rivals competing I love it! To me this game will have some sort of rivalry but not the spite of other showdowns. I will like to see how the recruits of Port will in fact go against a much improved from 09 lineup of Adelaide. These two teams will continue to have great games as including this game they are playing three times this year giving South Australian fans a real treat. However in this game I do believe the experience of Adelaide will be too strong and win by 24 points.

Hawthorn vs Richmond (Aurora Stadium) Saturday Night.
I am looking forward to this game to be honest. I am thinking that Hawthorn will be much improved from last year and I am interested in seeing who will be a shining light in 2010 for Richmond. How much young blood will be used is another thing and I'm hoping that both sides will do that this year. Aurora Stadium was a mixed bag for Hawthorn this year but can be powerhouse for them normally. Great for the Tassie fans to see a game down there earlier in the year. Richmond will have to go out here. I reckon that Hawthorn will win but Richmond will have a dip, Hawks by 20 points.

Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane (Manuka Oval) Sunday
Ok this is going to be a tough one to pick earlier. Both have recruited well in my book and will be looking at showcasing these recuits earlier. The Dogs have Barry Hall and some tallented youngsters who will be yapping around the ankles to get going. Brisbane have done well with obtaining Fevola, amongst others. Should be a good game. Western Bulldogs by 3 points.

Well that's all for NAB Cup part 1 of round 1 more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment