Friday, July 17, 2009

Round 16 Preview

Man another week has flown where has it gone! Here are my tips for round 16.

Essendon vs Western Bulldogs (Etihad) Friday Night.
Well after the two contrasts in results for these two sides, it would be fair to say that this game's going to be a beauty! First of all the Dogs narrowly falling short to the Pies by a point and Essendon beating Sydney (told ya) by 35 points in Sydney. Realistically there are not much between these two sides in terms of strenghts, but at the moment I would say the Dogs have more bite (ha ha geddit?) than the Dons, But watch out in the future these Essendon boys are going to be a good side. However in tonights game, I am tipping Western Bulldogs to win by 15 points.

Carlton vs Sydney (Etihad) Saturday.
Another good game this shapes up to be. The Blues haven't beaten Sydney for quite some time. Last time they played there wasn't much in it, however it would have been interesting had Carlton kicked straight. Looking forward to this match. Fev got a much needed nine goals in a wonderful display and I was there to watch the match and that goal...wow! However I believe that if any time that Carlton are going to break the hoodoo it would be this round, The Blues will win by 23 points.

Geelong vs Melbourne (Skilled Stadium) Saturday.
You know it's been a little while since the Cats played at Skilled and they love playing there. Interesting as I said last week the fact that Geelong have lost the last two and Melbourne have won the last two. Very good football from the Dees to beat pretty good (not fantastic) sides and they are going to need their best if they are going to win against Geelong. Geelong are boosted with some quality players going back into their side but are still missing Steve Johnson (come back soon I need you in my team). For me Geelong should win by 45 points.

Collingwood vs Hawthorn (MCG) Saturday night.
This was a tough game to pick for me surprisingly. Collingwood are on a roll, Hawthorn just scrapped through to win last week against North Melbourne. Hawthorn are in need of winning games to have any chance of finals action, Collingwood will definately be there. It's hard to go past Collingwood but if any team is going to beat them it will be a unpredictable Hawthorn side and that is why I'm picking them to win by 5 points.

Fremantle vs Brisbane (Subiaco) Saturday night.
Hmm. Freo are having a horror year! Brisbane however have surprised me. If Freo are ever going to win another match it has to be this week. However Brisbane coming off a valuable win against Geelong (which I still would be cheated if I was Michael Voss that I didn't play a full strengh Geelong side and win) and that would have given them much excitement. And that excitement will shine through and they will win by 21 points.

Port Adelaide vs West Coast (AAMI Stadium) Sunday.
It's been an interesting year for these two sides. Port Lost to Melbourne (definately a game that they should have won) and West Coast weren't disgraced at home against St Kilda. West Coast haven't won against Port at AAMI for a while and I think that will continue a little bit more. Port Adelaide to win by 38 points.

Richmond vs North Melbourne (MCG) Sunday.
Help! I don't know who to go for here! That is the question that I reckon a lot of people would be asking I reckon. This shapes up to be a really good game. The battle of the Caretakers that's what I'm going to call it. Weighing up the odds and the form of both sides there is nothing much in it. But my deciding factor is the question of whether or not the weather of Tassie last week had a bearing of how North performs this week and that is why I will Tip Richmond to win by 10 points.

St Kilda vs Adelaide (Etihad Stadium) Sunday.
Well this shapes up to be a good match. Both teams are in form, St Kilda all year and Adelaide in the last 8 weeks, so this to me is match of the round, although there are a few games that can try to claim equal stake. The question is going to be where the forwardlines are, who is going to fire and which midfield is going to be the best on the day, keeping in mind Tyson Edwards (another Brownlow fancy) is out. For that reason I will tip St Kilda by 18 points.

Well that's my tips, let's see how I go!
Catch ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment