Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What's the build up for?

There is one game that people have been focusing on for quite some time and well it has shaped up to be a great anticipation with regards to how this game's going to go. I'm talking about the St Kilda and Geelong clash this Sunday.

Personally there are seven other games on for the round, I know I'm excited about those as well even though I am a Geelong Supporter. I know what your saying, "It's your own side you should be excited." Yes I am to be honest 1 vs 2 on the ladder is always built up to the game of the round but you know I can pick another 2 or so games that have as much anticipation around them. To be honest I wouldn't know which way I am going to go in terms of tipping with this game and others this round, it does lead up to be an exciting round. But people are going to solely focus on the St Kilda/Geelong clash that they are going to forget about the others in the round. It's only one game in the round after all?

I remember the build up last year to the Geelong/Hawthorn clash round 17 last year. Because they haven't played up until then, this game this weekend has the same sort of build up, basically because those two teams haven't played until now. The game was a good one all round. Is the same thing going to happen this weekend? Or will it be a blowout by one of the teams?

Basically I would say that there are some other games that I reckon would match in intensity. Take Friday night for example. The Collingwood and Essendon games have always brought out a big crowd and the games are always entertaining no matter where they are on the ladder. Do we remember ANZAC Day? What a game! Over 80,000 people I reckon would again pack in the MCG this Friday night.

And what about other games? One to look out for is the Fremantle/Carlton game is going to be a good one. Fremantle over at Subiaco has always had Carlton's measure, but they are coming off a bad loss and so is Fremantle. We should be in a treat for this one. What about Melbourne and West Coast at the G? West Coast coming off a win but Melbourne needing one, hmm? Then there is Port Adelaide and Brisbane. This is at AAMI Stadium and the home ground will suit Port but Brisbane has hit some form, this one should be a goodie. And what about Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn Saturday night at Etihad. Hawthorn need a win and Western Bulldogs are in form.

So when you look at it there are five other games at least that should have as much build up. I'm looking forward to the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn game, the Fremantle/Carlton and Collingwood/Essendon game. There should be as much build up in these games as there is for the St Kilda/Geelong clash. I mean don't get me wrong, the prospect of watching a game live on Chanell 7 is exciting for me as well as seeing the top two teams go at it to take the number one spot is another lure to the game. I just believe that there are other games that should have as much build up as this game.

I will have my tips for round 14 later on in the week. I haven't been doing well but hey I enjoy the challenge of tipping.

Until then catch ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment