Monday, June 1, 2009

First Blog!

This is my first Blog on the page. And boy what a time! This sport I love has more action than an action film...funny that! So much to write about!

Ok at Tigerland they have finally done something with Terry Wallace! I am sick to death of the media comments, speculation of when, where, why and how of him going! Really those people down at Tigerland have a lot to answer for! If you're going to get rid of him, for goodness sake do it! If you don't then the media will do it for you! I'm sorry but the board at Richmond didn't get rid of him, it was the media calling for his hanging...I mean sacking. Really if you were going to keep him, then say it and get the media off your back! Really it makes you wonder who is going to be the next on the media sacking list!

Someone who really gets my goat is Craig Hutchison. No wonder half the AFL world want to smack his lights out! He is an absolute Nuffy! He always reckons he is in the right and everything anyone ever says is wrong. The only reason I watch Footy Classified is because "Carro" wiles him up and I have a chuckle everytime I see the smoke billoing out of Hutchy's ears! I would like to see those two go head to head in a boxing ring! Mind you I like Carro apart from her dress sense (or lack of it). Sam Newman had every right to have a go at it. And guess what? I am a woman and I didn't find that one bit offensive! We are getting so pollitically correct these days and it really craps me off!

Speaking of pollitical correctness and Footy Classified. Grant Thomas and SEN. He get's paid to give his comments, let him do so! Don't sack people for having opinions!

Anyway enough of that. What an exciting time in football. Two teams on 10-0 after ten rounds, the first time that's happened in a long time. Now they are talking up the big Round 14 clash between St Kilda and Geelong as being one of the games of the year, and could separate the two teams at that stage unless otherwise beaten then it would be a fizzer! Cast back to round 17 of last year when Geelong played Hawthorn. The two in form teams of the year and who would eventually go on to play in the Grand Final. Turned out to be a good game regardless of who you follow. Whether they should move the Round 14 game or not is another question. They have indicated that it would stay at St Kilda Dome...I mean Etihad Stadium which it doesn't worry me even as a Geelong Supporter. I did think that maybe it would be good if it was moved I mean the AFL would raise more revenue from bums on seats and the skyrocketing prices of food at the ground. Not a bad move if they were money hungry. But I thought that if it's in the fixture then really it should stay. When you look at it both teams have a good record there. Who really would it favour? My question is if it was a sell out would Channel 7 put the game of live without the who har and the crap that goes on to eat up time before a broadcast? Only time would tell.

Anyway today's been a big day for footy. Looking forward to seeing more media backlash over the whole "Terry Wallace Saga". Will let you know more in coming days where I will have my tips for the winners for this week. I personally hope that I can do better than 5 from last week! Whoops that was embarrassing. Although I am more into this Supercoach than the footy tips this year, probably because I am doing Superbad and them that I'm finding more fun with making up my own side!

Any talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment