Friday, June 5, 2009

Round 11 Preview

Wow almost half the home and away season already gone, who would have thought!

So in previewing this weeks games, there are some interesting games upon us. I have given you a run down on who I think will win and why. You can take my tips on board and copy them if you want to or maybe you just need an idea of who to tip.

Richmond vs Western Bulldogs (Etihad Stadium) Friday Night 7:40pm. In this last game for Terry Wallace and being against his old side (coaching that is) this should be a really good match. If the Tigers can attack like they did last week then they would be in for a really good showing, however if they do in fact play within themselves, they will stuggle against a very good Bulldogs side who not long ago pushed Geelong and nearly upset them! In this case I think that the Bulldogs will get the points but only by 12 points. Richmond will play for Terry Wallace and that factor will lift them but the Bulldogs will get the points.

North Melbourne vs St Kilda (Etihad Stadium) Saturday 2:10pm. Hands up who thinks North can win this one? Didn't think so. I would love to see an upset here, but the way that St Kilda are playing, they will be too strong. My prediction is St Kilda by 45 points.

Brisbane vs Carlton (Gabba) Saturday 7:10pm. Now this is one game I had trouble with. With both sides it would just depend on which team attitude will come out to play. Carlton's away record hasn't been the best lately, loosing the last couple that they probably should have won. So in that case you would tip Carlton. But really if you aren't too sure it would be safer to go with the favourite or the home team and I am tipping Brisbane to win by 8 points.

Port Adelaide vs Fremantle (AAMI Stadium ) Saturday 7:10pm. With the lack of manpower that Fremantle have this could be a time where they could upset the home team. However on this occasion I don't think that that would be the case. I am tipping Port Adelaide by 38 points.

Essendon vs Adelaide (Etihad Stadium) Sunday 1:10pm. This in my opinion is match of the round. Essendon coming off a not so good performance against Geelong and Adelaide finding some much needed form at home. Both sides match up pretty good and both have some awesome new tallent which will take them into the next decade. This game would depend on attack, even though I always believe that defense win game, goals on the board are very important in this case. In a much see-sawing contest, I would tip Adelaide to win by 10 points in the end.

Hawthorn vs Sydney (MCG) Sunday 2:10pm. I like how this one matches up. Across the ground it appears that they are much evenly matched. Enter Luke Hodge, dangerous in last years Grand Final and if he is dangerous again, they should get the much needed rebound off the half back line. However if Chance Bateman has to get his team to move, then Sydney could cause an upset. I think it would be different this week. I tip Hawthorn by 23 points.

West Coast vs Geelong (Subiaco) Sunday 2:40pm. People I have spoken to reckon that this will be a percentage booster for Geelong, I dont' think so. For West Coast it would depend on their defensive work because if that can work then they will be more in the game than people think. I do think that Geelong will out Wrest the eagles and win by 35 points.

Melbourne vs Collingwood (MCG) Monday 2:10pm. Love the prospect of this game. Weeks ago I would have penciled in a percentage booster for Collingwood but Melbourne have been playing really good games without necessarily winning games. After last round and previous rounds this game tees up to be a good contest. Jack Watts number one draft pick playing first game for Melbourne is an exciting time for the Melbourne schoolboy. I do think that Collingwood will win by 19 points but this could be a game that Melbourne could win, they are after all due for one.

Ok that's all the games tippers. Good luck and I will speak to you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment