Friday, June 26, 2009

Preview for round 13

Ok so for round 13 here are my tips for the round:

Essendon vs Carlton (MCG) Friday Night.
This to me tees up to be the match of the round. These two teams bring out the best in eachother and this will be no acception. It will be high scoring and fast paced due to the players in both sides. To me the Bombers have had the wool over the eyes in past appearances over the Blues. But judging by the form of the sides, to me the Blues come out on top and will win by 15 points.

Collingwood vs Fremantle (MCG) Saturday.
Well Collingwood are in form and Fremantle...well...not. Freo had a much improved game against the Cats and they are a young side. However they won't be any match for the pies, the pies for me to win by 51 points.

Adelaide vs Sydney (AAMI) Saturday.
I reckon that this game is teeing up to be another ripper on Saturday. Adelaide are the form side of the AFL and Sydney more up and down like a yo yo and that's when they are dangerous. With Barry Hall celebrating his 250th Game and Michael O'Lauchlan announcing his retirement, could this be enough to spur the Swans on to cause an upset? Or will it be the form of the Crows that prevail? In my book I would say Adelaide to win by 8 points.

West Coast vs Hawthorn (Subiaco) Saturday Night.
Looking at this one, to me it's an interesting game. West Coast need to win, but without big Cox (and no I'm not being dirty) in the side it's going to be a massive hole and Seaby and Natinui have to do the job at hand. However you also have Hawthorn that need to win after loosing a much gettable game against Brisbane maybe proved that they may have got arsy last Grand Final Day. If they can kick into form then maybe they can prove that theory wrong. To me Hawthorn will win this by 28 points.

Brisbane vs Melbourne (Gabba) Saturday Night.
When you look at this game on paper people will say, "Hah Brisbane have got this in the bag" well I'm not too sure. Melbourne are due to win. Whether they do it this week or next week against West Coast is another matter. You can't doubt the form of the Lions. They are another form side of the AFL who are doing everything right and are going to be real challengers in the finals. Realistically we haven't had a major upset in a little while and people are going to question this but I am going to tip Melbourne to win by 2 points in an absolute thriller!

Geelong vs Port Adelaide (Skilled Stadium) Sunday.
My question would be, Which Port Adelaide team will come out to play this week? A good performance by Port can knock off any side on any given day. And they are the last team to beat Geelong down at Skilled Stadium, so anything's possible. But with the players out to booster their stocks, to me Geelong will be too good and will win by 55 points.

North Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs (MCG) Sunday.
Looking forward to this game in a way. First game as coach for Darren Crocker, first game in the crowd for James Brayshawa and milestones along the way. Given this game is at the G, it is a neautual ground for both clubs. North need to win and to me play better at the G and Bulldogs have made Etihad their home. However the in form side is the one that I will be choosing, the Western Bulldogs to win by 17 points.

St Kilda vs Richmond (Etihad) Sunday.
St Kilda are one of two teams on 12 and nothing and I think they will make 13 and nothing and set up the blockbuster well against Geelong next week. However in this case Richmond will give something, but it will not be enough and the Saints will win by 41 points.

Well that's my tips good luck all.

Catch ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment