Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tell everything or shut up!!!!!

I'm going to be strong and forthright here. John Elliot is wanting to continue to screw the Carlton Football Club! And he is not associated with the club anymore!

In the wake of allegations that there was some women given "hush money" to keep details quiet of incidents in the wake of the 1999 Grand Final, it is purely that. I am not going to make friends by what I say on this blog about the incident, nor do I care. I just can see both sides of the story.

For one thing. If it is true that rape has occurred shame on the players! I have known someone who has been raped and I'm sure that they never get over it! It is a human instinct! Anyone who mistreats a human being deserves to be mistreated themself, sorry I'm angry here. But really I don't know what happened so I'm only saying that if this did happen then those players need to be brought to justice. Name them and shame them!

Secondly. If it did happen then those women should have reported these incident to police instead of keeping the incidents to themselves! I know it's easier said than done, it took someone I know years to do it. It shouldn't be up to an Ex president of a football club to do so, it should be up to the individuals in question.

Thirdly. The issue of payments to the women have ticked me off too. If it had happened then they shouldn't have accepted them in the first place, and the Carlton Football Club shouldn't have offered them in the first place. Giving hush money for something so serious to me is so wrong and if that did happen, then it's something I don't agree with!

Another thing. The players haven't said that it hadn't happened, but the sex was consensual. One has come out and said that it definately happened to her. Either way it's a serious allegation and if it did happen then seriously it needs to be looked into further.

To me it's just an ex president trying to get back at the club for goodness knows what, after all he did screw up the Carlton Football Club. They are only just getting back on their feet thanks to the late Richard Pratt and a lot of hard work. And another thing. If any of these allegations is true and there were payments made, then under what bracket does the footy club have to declare the money and how can you trace the payments? It's an interesting thing. I suppose the difference between this Matthew Johns incident is that one was proven, this has a long way before it gets resolved!

Well catch ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment