Friday, June 12, 2009

Preview for round 12

Yes we are up to the split round. As I mentioned to you before, I haven't got around the whole concept of the split round. The AFL seriously needs to look at this concept to make sure that it is done the best way to ensure that the games are spaced in an equal manner. Yeah right it is the AFL we're talking about.

Anyway to this week's games and there are five games in week one of the Split round. Even though I have done my tips for the whole round, I will only give you preview of the first five games, which is what everyone else is doing.


Carlton vs St Kilda (Etihad Stadium) Friday night. This game will have to be one of the matches of the round. St Kilda are in the best form at the moment and have a really good record against Carlton. However Carlton are a better outfit than they have been for the last couple of years. St Kilda's key players would be the main difference here. But can Juddy rev up his troups and cause an upset? I would say in this case I don't think the blues can win however they will have a real dip. My prediction St Kilda by 18 points.

Western Bulldogs vs Port Adelaide (TIO stadium) Saturday night. Western Bulldogs have had the battle in this game won the last couple of encounters and are playing really good football at the moment. However you just never know with Port Adelaide, they change from week to week and are so inpredictable. Both coming off valuable wins. In this occasion, I am going for an upset, I will predict Port Adelaide to win by 5 points.

Richmond vs West Coast (Etihad Stadium) Saturday night. This was a tough one to predict. Both teams need to win, simple as that! Richmond has a new coach and are lacking form, West Coast may have got some form last week against Geelong. This game is in Melbourne so that would work in the tigers favour and I reckon they will win by 16 points.

Hawthorn vs Brisbane (Aurora Stadium) Sunday. This lines up for another good game. Hawthorn are down a little on form and manpower and Brisbane lost a close one that they should have won last week. Last year it was a blowout margin when these teams met in Tassie, it won't be like that this year. I predict Hawthorn to win by 32 points.

Adelaide vs North Melbourne (AAMI Stadium) Sunday. Lining up on Sunday is Adam Simpson and for the 300th time, you would hope that North would fire up for him. Adelaide are in form and are working hard at the new game plan that they are implementing, I like the look of it by the way. I think with the way that they are playing and the lack of manpower for North, Adelaide should win this by 42 points.

Well that's the first part of my tips, I will have the remaining three next week. No Saturday day games, not fair. Oh well looks like it's local footy for me.

Catch ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment