Thursday, June 18, 2009

Remaining games of split round preview...

Yes that was long winded. As I mention before I hate the split round but we have to suck it up and deal with it, the AFL isn't going to change it's mind about it! Ok now to this week's games:

Essendon vs Melbourne (Etihad) Friday Night
This game shapes up to be an important games for both sides. Melbourne haven't won a game for quite some time and are probably due for a win, just whenever that will be. Although the likes of the bombers will be looking for some much needed form as they dropped a very winable game against Adelaide and are coming off a huge loss at the hands of Geelong. So this game is important to them to stake a claim that the "baby bombers" have something to say to the rest of the competition. My question be will the Demons hold fort and cause an upset or will it be the bombers that will stake a claim on the AFL? Time will tell. In this case I will tip Essendon to win by 24 points.

Sydney vs Collingwood (ANZ Stadium) Saturday night.
This is the traditional split round game that these two teams play. For the last I don't know how many years Collingwood has owned this game, making it a home away from home. This will be the first time that Rhys Shaw has played against his old side and would definately know how to play them. Sydney have come under some fire recently for the way they play and I think this will spur them on to want to win this game. This game is going to be really close due to the recent form of both sides. For mine, I would tip Collingwood to continue the tradition to win by 9 points.

Fremantle vs Geelong (Subiaco) Sunday
For me I am looking forward to this game. Not just because my beloved Cats are playing but because of who they are playing. For all those who remember, Fremantle played well last year and nearly beat Geelong but went down by only 1 point in an absolute thriller. I reckon they can take it up to Geelong again. Fremantle have had an up and down year at home, and for the season for that matter and would be looking for some needed form to kick their season into gear. People are tipping this as a percentage booster for the Cats, I however am not. I predicted that West Coast would take it up to Geelong, apart from the margin and I think that Fremantle will do a bit more. Questions. Will Fremantle take it up to the Cats or has the lesson of the last game made Geelong kick into gear? How will Fremantle cover Gary Ablett when Crowley is out and who will cover him? My prediction in this game is Geelong to win by 16 points.

Ok more next week and I will have my round 12 review. I thought I would do it all together rather than splitting it up.

Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment